The North Suburban Math League is a group of schools in the Chicago area that compete in five math competitions throughout the school year.
Welcome to the 2022-2023 Season!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, email email@example.com.
The current president of NSML is Andrew Mauer-Oats, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact him with administrative issues.
Coach Email List
Assistant coaches - add yourself to the mailing list if you are not receiving emails. Log in, then under Account, choose Email Lists.
Meet 4 is now February 2, 2023
The updated schedule is live.
- 2022-08-28 Meet 4 date officially changed to February 2, 2023.
- 2022-05-08 Resource for the 2022 Meet 1 Freshan topic. Basic Statistics information for coaches.
- 2021-11-29 Assumed knowledge, especially for probability.
- 2021-08-21 Writers for the 2021 Meet 1 orals used the 6th edition of Burton's, Elementary Number Theory. There are no changes from the 5th edition in this chapter. Chapter 2 contains the following sections:
- 2.1 Early Number Theory (11 exercises)
- 2.2 The Division Algorithm (11 exercises)
- 2.3 The Greatest Common Divisor (23 exercises). Includes some proofs like "if d divides n then 2^d-1 divides 2^n-1".
- 2.4 The Euclidean Algorithm (12 exercises)
- 2.5 The Diophantine Equation ax+by=c (8 exercises)