Board Meeting 2011-2012
NSML Board Meeting – May 9, 2012 at Maine South High School
- Membership and Divisions
- UIC College Prep and Proviso Math/Science Academy are dropping out of the league. Chicagoland Jewish High School has accepted an invitation to join. Streamwood High School is next on the waiting list. Steve is waiting to hear from them.
- Neuqua Valley is being moved into the Milenkovic-Schultz division based upon their performance the past three years. Evanston and Glenbrook North will move to the Yuen division.
- Dates for next year were approved: Wednesday 10/10/12, Thursday 11/15/12, Thursday 12/13/12, Thursday 2/7/13 and Wednesday 3/13/13.
- Written topics – approved by the board.
- Oral topics – approved by the board. The topic for meet 4 is pending a decision by the ICTM.
- Treasury report
- Kevin Wiland is stepping down as treasurer of NSML.
- Liz Moore from Naperville North is our new treasurer.
- Current balance is $9126.69.
- Stipends will remain the same for 2012-2013.
- Dues will remain the same for 2012-2013.
- Rich Cortez of Conant High School will be joining the board in 2012-2013.
- Ribbons – beginning in 2012-2013, extra first and second place ribbons will be given to teams to give to the alternates.
- An assistant webmaster and a vice-president are needed for the league. People interested in either job should contact Steve Goodman.